Saturday 6 August is National Fresh Breath Day.
Bad breath can be a social faux pas that many people don’t even realise they have.
Aside from that garlic and onion lunch, bad breath can be a sign of poor oral hygiene or even an underlying medical condition such as gum disease.
How does this affect your business?
Two thirds (62%) of employers in a British Dental Association poll felt applicants with visibly decayed, missing teeth or bad breath would be at a disadvantage in securing a role and their promotion prospects.
By giving employees the tools and knowledge needed to be proactive with their oral health, you can make sure they’re physically and mentally fit from tip to toe, which makes for a far more engaged and proactive team.
We’ve put together some tools and resources for you to share with your employees that help bring awareness to the importance of maintain good oral hygiene.
For your business
- Employer support page – Share the link to our new dental support page with your employees so they can access documents and find useful links and phone numbers.
- Stay up to date with all our latest content and news by following us on LinkedIn.
Content that you can share with your team
- Bupa’s top tips for getting rid of bad breath.
- 10 reasons you might need a scale and polish.
- Never been to a hygienist and wonder what happens at an appointment?
- Bupa Dental Care clinical director Sarah Ramage pinpoints what a healthy tongue looks like and what some changes could mean.
- We’ve put together some low-sugar foods that you might want to add to your picnic basket this summer.
Reminder for your insured employees
- How to claim video
- Keep us by your side with Bupa Touch. If you haven’t already created an account, get started today. Then you can make claims, view your policy documents and more.
- Find a Bupa Dental Care practice to book a hygienist appointment and find out more about the services our Bupa Dental Care practices.
- Reward yourself – Whether it’s at home wellness or a gym membership, you can find lots of health and wellbeing offers.
Download our National Fresh Breath Day toolkit here: